[et_pb_section bb_built=”1″ admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
QUICK HELP STEPS
- Login to your host cpanel.
- Find ‘Redirects’ under ‘Domain’ section.
- Choose ‘Permanent (301)’ as Type.
- Select your domain from the drop down list.
- Add an * after the /
- Type the full URL you want to redirect your domain to.
1. Find the login details for your web host (not where you bought your domain from). The difference is this: you bought your domain from a seller like Namecheap or GoDaddy, whereas your web host has a cpanel where you keep all your website files. Sometimes you purchase hosting from the domain seller. If that’s the case, then they will have provided you with a cpanel login separate from your normal domain account.
2. Once you’ve logged into your web host cpanel, look for the section called ‘Domains’ then click on the app called ‘redirects’. Look for the red arrow in the image below.
3. Now you need to fill out the details of which domain you want to redirect and where you want to redirect it to. This is what the form should look like (click to enlarge/share/comment):
HERE’S HOW TO FILL OUT THE REDIRECT PAGE DETAILS
- Choose ‘Permanent (301)’ as your TYPE
- Select the domain name from the drop down menu (if you have more than one)
- Type a * (it’s above the numeral 8 on your keyboard) after the slash / to ensure that any pages entered into a search will redirect to your domain name. For example, if you have a store the domain myurl.com/store will redirect as well as plain old myurl.com without http or www just like magic!
- Fill in the full domain/URL address where your website lives. This often includes either http or https as well as www like this: http://www.myurl.com or https://www.myurl.com or http://myurl.com which will depend on how you have set up your domain in the cpanel. The easy way to check which address to use is to open another tab, enter a search for your domain, and copy the URL from the address bar itself, then paste it into the space under ‘Redirects to’.
Be sure to press the ‘Add’ button and wait for everything to save.
You’re all done. Have a break.